August came and went in a hot, humid blur, and with it came lots of growth and changes for our company. We're still working away at getting our showroom set up for its re-opening, finishing up lots of custom wall art projects and right in the middle of one of our biggest interior design jobs to date.
If you're equally busy and looking for some things to keep you inspired and on track, here are some songs, shows and sites we loved this August.
- Japan planning. We're hitting the road for Japan this fall, and we couldn't be more excited to check out the gorgeous architecture, incredible restaurants and everything else that Japan has to offer. If you've been before and have suggestions, leave them in the comments!
- Creepy crime shows. We watched the Staircase and Sharp Objects this month, and both were great ways to unwind after a long day. Seriously creepy (and addicting!)
- This incredible Faroe Islands building. As soon as we saw this town hall building in the Faroe Islands, we were so inspired by the way it uses its natural surroundings as part of the architecture. The building was designed by Ósbjørn Jacobsen and is designed to look like it's floating right into the landscape.
- New Nashville hangouts. There's always a lot of action in the Nashville restaurant scene, and this summer we've seen quite a few new favorites pop up around town. We're particularly loving Folk and Wilburn Street Tavern in East Nashville.
- Music to work to. We're big fans of playing music (loud) to keep the whole shop motivated. This month we were loving the new Death Cab for Cutie and Childish Gambino.