Spring just couldn't decide whether or not it wanted to stick around this month, and winter keeps reappearing with the occasional 40-degree Nashville day full of blustery rain. It's been a month of transition, both in the weather and in our company: transitioning our business from the reclaimed wood art world to the design-and-build world, transitioning our retail space into something a bit more like a showroom, and always transitioning our creative process to fit our current goals. In between planning, reevaluating and daydreaming, these things brought us inspiration (and relaxation) this month.
- Design books. We went wild on Amazon this month and scooped up tons of beautiful, design-heavy books on our favorite (and soon-to-be favorite) architects. The biggies like Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles and Bernice Eames were definitely in the mix, but we also found some books about new architects that we weren't so familiar with, like this, this and this.
- Dark green walls. We've been slowly renovating our own home for the past year or so, tackling larger projects over a weekend and maybe working on something smaller late on weeknights. We recently added a dark green accent wall to our bathroom after seeing tons of inspiration all over our favorite blogs.
- Backgammon. What's your favorite way to relieve stress? Aside from the occasional Negroni or a night cooking dinner at home, playing backgammon has definitely become part of our weekend stress relief routine.
- Japanese travel. We're endlessly inspired by the simplicity and serenity of Japan's homes, landscapes and culture, and we've been dreaming of taking a trip all over the Japan. Remodelista's travel guide is especially inspiring.
- Drake. We only love our bed and our mama... and the new(ish) Drake song. We're sorry.