February came and went so fast we almost didn't even get a glimpse of it, but we managed to get a whole lot of work done (and squeeze in some down-time, too). If you're still holed up at home most nights waiting for winter to end, here are some great shows, documentaries, and online inspiration to help get you through that late-in-the-season chill.
- The Mortified Guide on Netflix. This show is so hilarious, we couldn't help but binge it all at once. Everyone loves a good embarrassing high school story, and this show features real people reading excerpts from their high school diaries in front of a live audience.
- Plotting warm-weather road trips. Did you see our last post about where to find Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Nashville? It got us dreaming about packing up our truck and hitting the road for somewhere nearby, but just far enough away.
- Terazzo tile. We kept seeing this image on Pinterest, and while it took a little while to grow on us, we're now thinking that we love terazzo tile. How do you guys feel about it?
- Vegan charcuterie. We've been experimenting with a lot more meat-free meals lately, and in our quest to cut down on meat, we've been finding lots of alternatives to our favorite dishes. The Fox (the bar that we designed and built out in East Nashville) serves a mean vegan charcuterie menu that you have to try if you're local to Nashville.
- Useful wood pieces. We love it when our customers come to us with a wild idea for a commissioned piece — in the past few months we've done a chess board and a triangular vanity mirror, just to name a couple. We're always open to discussing big ideas for pieces for your home, and we hope to do more fun projects like that this year.