10 Best Indie Craft Shows in the Eastern and Southern Regions
We've done our fair share of craft shows over the years that 1767 has been in business, and we love them because they're great ways to connect with new customers and meet makers from other cities. Whether you're a shopper who wants to invest in some awesome handmade goods or even a new maker who is just starting the craft show circuit for the first time, here are our personal favorite indie craft shows in the Southern and East Coast regions.
- Porter Flea (Nashville) - This is by far our favorite craft show every year, and not just because it's in our home city. Porter Flea is held twice a year (once in the summer and once around Christmas), and it always draws a huge crowd of both makers and shoppers.
- Made Market (Louisville, KY) - Made Market takes place at the end of the summer at the Pointe in Louisville, a warehouse-style building that's full of exposed brick, high ceilings and other charming details that make it an enjoyable place to spend the day shopping.
- Indie Craft Experience (Atlanta, GA) - Indie Craft Experience is a series of ongoing craft shows in the Atlanta area. The Holiday Market is, of course, the largest of them all, but there are also pop-up markets during the summer and fall months.
- Crafty Bastards (Washington, DC) - This one is held every fall in DC at the popular Union Market. It's an outdoor show, and it boasts more than 30,000 shoppers throughout the weekend. This year, they're even expanding to include a fall date right here in Nashville.
- Renegade (Nationwide) - With locations in New York, Denver, Portland, Seattle, LA, Chicago, Austin and even London, Renegade is one of the biggies. We always try to make it to at least one of the Chicago dates every year.
- Indie Craft Parade (Greenville, SC) - This one is held in early fall at the Huguenot Mill in downtown Greenville. It has an intimate feel, and all of the makers are from the Southern states.
- Handmade Arcade (Pittsburgh, PA) - This is the largest indie craft fair in Pittsburgh, and it's always held a few weeks before Christmas at the downtown David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- Indie South (Southeast region) - This is a series of craft shows with locations in Athens, GA, Columbia, SC, Chattanooga, TN, and Nashville, TN. Instead of taking place once or twice a year, it offers lots of smaller events throughout the year.
- Urban Craft Fair (Detroit, MI) - Urban Craft Fair is a holiday market held at the Masonic Temple in Detroit. There are 100+ maker booths and a always a ton of shoppers.
- Made South (Franklin, TN) - This one is also exclusive to Southern makers, and it has a subscription service that goes along with the annual holiday market. It's a great way to put names to faces behind your favorite handmade brands.