Our Favorite Things: October 2016
The 90-degree fall days are finally slipping away here in Nashville, and we're feeling pretty inspired by these cooler temperatures and early nightfall. October was a great month for us: we launched our new website, unveiled our Fall / Winter 2016 line, and still managed to make time for some downtime here and there. Here are our favorite things that we came across this October.
- Our FW16 line, "Dusk and Dawn". Is it vain to say that our own line was one of our favorite things this month? No? Maybe...? We've been keeping this new collection under wraps for so long, we almost don't care! It always feels great to start new work, and this FW16 line is absolutely our favorite to date.
- This incredible dog video. We're suckers for a cute dog video over here, and this one was by far our favorite that we saw this month.
- The Japanese tradition of kintsugi. Have you heard of kintsugi? It's the Japanese tradition of repairing broken things (like ceramics, glassware, or even wooden floors) in a way that makes the repair even more beautiful than the original. It's also the title of a pretty great Death Cab for Cutie album, but that's just the icing on the cake.
- Urban Cowboy Public House. If you're in Nashville, be sure to have a cocktail at the brand new bar at the East Nashville Urban Cowboy B&B. While you're there, check out our contributions in the form of Art Deco-inspired wood art on the tables and along the face of the bar itself.
- Holiday Markets. This month, we're gearing up for what is always our busiest time of the year. Aside from our local favorite Porter Flea, we're heading out to a number of other craft shows and makers' markets outside of Nashville.